African Festival 2014
REGISTER ON SITE MAY 3, 2014 FROM 7:30-8:30 AM!
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Date & Time:
Saturday, May 3rd, 2014 at 9:00AM
Lancaster County Christian School
2384 New Holland Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601. (Next to Worship Center)
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information & questions
About the Run/Walk
- Race day registration: 7:30am-8:30am
- Race Starts at 9:00am
- The 5 kilometer/3.1 mile course
- Starts and ends at Lancaster County Christian School (LCCS)
- For the safety of all participants, no bikes, scooters, in-line skates, headphones or animals (except those that aid the handicapped) are permitted on the race course
- Strollers are welcome
- Water available at the start, before the 2 mile mark and at the end
- Registration Fees: Adult – $25; Children (ages 3-14) – $7; Under 3 – Free
- Register on-line before April 10th for a FREE t-shirt
- Race day registration starts at 7:30am and ends at 8:30am (t-shirts subject to availability).
- Each entrant must complete a registration form
- All ages may participate in the 5K run/walk
- Registration fees are non-refundable
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners for the Run will be awarded to Children, women and men on the day of the event
- Results will be posted at www.rafikiafrica.org
Other events’ day activities
- African food and coffee from local businesses
- African fair trade crafts, clothing, jewelry and goods
- Come early for breakfast and stay late for lunch
- WJTL 90.3 FM Kids Cookie Break broadcasted live at the event
- Schedule for Entertainment:
[10:00am-10:30am] Kids West African (Guinea) dance class with Janet!
[10:40am-11:00am] Music For Everyone mini chorus performance
[11:15am-11:45am] Cocalikuimba Performance
[11:45am – 12:00pm] African Fashion Show
[12:00pm – 12:30pm] Adult West African (Guinea) dance class with Janet!
Thank you to our Sponsors!